• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

SSR1966

SSR1966

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

The Star Wars™ and the Power of Costume exhibit at Cincinnati Museum Center.

I Am A Rider

I Am A Rider

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,828 posts

This is an incredible exhibit, Mr. Roberts. Not too familiar with Star Wars; longtime Star Trek fan, but do recognize a lot of the  costumes/characters. Last thing we saw at the Museum Center was a Titanic exhibit which we had previously seen at COSI; don't remember how long ago. Wonderful building. I thought they did extensive renovations just a few years ago but may be mistaken. What are they doing now?

SSR1966

SSR1966

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

The last time I was at the Museum Center before this was for the "A Day in Pompeii" exhibit back in 2012. As far as what they are doing to the museum, apparently they are upgrading electric, plumbing and roofing, as well as completely restoring the building to its original glory. I do not think, however, that they are planing on rebuilding the sections of the museum that were demolished before the building was saved... but I'm not entirely sure.

I Am A Rider

I Am A Rider

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,828 posts

Thanks for the info, Mr. Roberts. When we were last there I think there was still a train once or twice a day; not sure if that is still the case. I remember thinking they should redo an underground section that was kind of like going through a cave, very narrow in places and very confining. Had trouble fitting in some places and did not enjoy that at all. 

SSR1966

SSR1966

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Yes, you can still catch an Amtrak train at the Terminal, although currently the station is on the North side of the Terminal at the end of Kenner Street (which dead ends into the train junction). I'm not sure if this is and has been a permanent situation or if the station is just located there during the remodeling.

I Am A Rider

I Am A Rider

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,828 posts

Thanks, Mr. Roberts. I seem to recall the station being at the back of the building, but may certainly be mistaken. Been too long. The old gray matter is not what it used to be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users