• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

SSR1966

SSR1966

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

My first of 3 videos that I made during my 4 days in Nashville this past week.

Edited by SSR1966, 11 July 2017 - 03:13 AM.

I Am A Rider

I Am A Rider

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Very enjoyable, Mr. Roberts. Sure looks different from when I was there in about 1975. What I remember most is that downtown was very, very clean. It was a stopover for the night en route home from Florida and we caught up on sleep then drove by the Grand Ole Opry and around the city on the way out of town. Did have some good food; there's lots of barbecue there as I recall.

SSR1966

SSR1966

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

I went to the Aquarium Restaurant which was in a mall where the Grand Ole Opry used to be.  It was very clean and lots of trees. The area I shot this video was Broadway where all the Honky-Tonks and clubs are located. It's about 5 blocks long in the downtown area. I did eat at Jack's Bar-B-Que on Broadway. It was quite tasty. You can see the sign for the restaurant in the video above. The Broadway district hasn't changed very much over the past several decades and the whole street is on the Historic Register.

I Am A Rider

I Am A Rider

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

I did notice the sign in the video and that reminded me of the barbecue. The south has quite a reputation for that. Glad to know the city hasn't changed much; we thought it was a pretty town. Did not know the entire street was historic. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users