• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

SSR1966

SSR1966

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Just some of the things that I saw this past weekend at HorrorHound Cincinnati.

I Am A Rider

I Am A Rider

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts

Nice video, Mr. Roberts. Looks as if there was quite a crowd. Horror - not just for Halloween. I especially liked the guy on the tricycle, the Jim Carrey look-alike, and the bear with the nose that fell down. Lot of unique characters; must have been fun.

SSR1966

SSR1966

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

The photos published were from back when I was working on B budget movies and using a 35mm SLR camera. I had stuff in horror genre magazines like Draculina, Vamperotica, Scream Queens Illustrated, Scan, Fangoria and a few others.

My photography on the cover of the "Vamps: Deadly Dream Girls" video box

vamp4.gif

My picture on the cover of Scan...

scan5.gif

My picture on the cover of Vamperotica... (at least two of them. The girls on the pink blow up chair is not mine)...

Vmprotica%231.jpg

These are just three I snagged off the net. Someday I will get around to scanning my own copies.

Edited by SSR1966, 17 April 2017 - 12:02 AM.

I Am A Rider

I Am A Rider

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts

Well, all certainly worth publication, Mr. Roberts. You should be proud of your work; it is excellent. Not familiar with these magazines; not my area, but the covers are well done.

SSR1966

SSR1966

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

"Vamps: Deadly Dream Girls" was the VHS box cover. The blond with the fangs is Jennifer Huss who was a DJ on the WEBN Dawn Patrol, although she was in this movie long before her radio gig. Paul Morris is the guy with the cross, and he has been in many plays and a few movies since.

"Scan" was a magazine about making independent "B" movies. The skull face zombie on the front cover is from a scene in "Zombie Cult Massacre" and the zombie over his right shoulder is one of my best friends, David M Myers.

"Vamerotica" was a magazine that specialized in low budget independent movies with an emphasis on the popularity of all the vampire films coming out at the time. That is Jenny Huss from WEBN again and the brunet in the bottom right corner is Amber Newman who I think is semi retired now, but back in the 90's you may have seen her on quite a few different films running late night on Showtime and Cinemax. She is from the Middletown, Ohio area.

I Am A Rider

I Am A Rider

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts

Never tire of learning something new, Mr. Roberts. I liked the very old black and white vampire films, though I recall the names of none, but don't think I have seen any for years. Read some of the old vampire books back in the day but tried to read one that came out a couple years ago and quit after a couple pages. It was worthless writing.  Used to have HBO but not the two you mentioned; stopped HBO too as just never had time to watch to make it worth the cost. Rarely sleeping means reading/working online for me. Doesn't make any noise to disturb anyone......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users