• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

SSR1966

SSR1966

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,596 posts

So when ever I try to log in to the forum I get an "unsecured" warning from Firefox telling me not to do it. Is this an easy fix or a complicated pain?

I Am A Rider

I Am A Rider

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,707 posts

All the browsers do this now. I use Firefox too but it happens with all of them. If you know the site is safe, just do what everyone else does.....ignore it and hit cancel or whatever comes up and go ahead and log in. It happens to me with astonishing frequency but I know all my regular sites are safe so just dismiss it. No need to worry as long as you are familiar with the sites. But a good question, Mr. Roberts. Surprised you haven't run across it before.

SSR1966

SSR1966

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,596 posts

I used to get this message all the time from the computer from work, but only in the last week started getting it on my home computer. I know that it just means someone can steal my log in information, and since I don't use this password any where else, it's no big deal to me. Any new visitors who aren't aware of what it is, however, could be frightened off from joining or logging in. That's all I'm concerned about.

I Am A Rider

I Am A Rider

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,707 posts

Kind of you to think about that, Mr. Roberts. I get it on home and work computers and probably almost everyone does. If anyone looks, they will probably realize that. Never cease to be surprised that some people use one password; I have dozens, all complicated. No one can take a chance nowadays.

jwlankford

jwlankford

KIE Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

It just means the site doesn't have a SSL (secured socket layer) certificate or a private connection. Therefore, the data is not secured going between the server and your personal browser. But, if the data isn't important, then no worries. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users