• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

SSR1966

SSR1966

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

The Butler County Fair happens every July at the Butler County Fair Grounds in the city of Hamilton.

I Am A Rider

I Am A Rider

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,864 posts

Fun to see, Mr. Roberts. Thank you for sharing. This looks like a well-cared for fairground and certainly a good crowd. It's surprising how many county fairs in Ohio date back to the 1800's. Guess there wasn't a lot to do back then. Maybe that's how they got started. 

Don't know if  it's just Monday morning viewpoint but the cows and horses in this all seem to look depressed. Pigs and the goat look happy, though, as does the munching bunny and the curious fowl. 

SSR1966

SSR1966

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Personally, I found it to be the lamest county fair that I have been to. After being to Scioto, Brown and Dark County Fairs, this one was very small. Batavia is also very small, but the rides and crash up derby were free with admission. Butler charges for just about everything separate. And like you said, the animals looked sad, but they may have just been bored in a pin at a new place when they most likely have more room to roam at home.

I Am A Rider

I Am A Rider

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,864 posts

That's too bad, Mr. Roberts. It looks good on video. Think I mentioned before we did go to Darke County fair once and it was about as good as State. Not quite, but still top notch. Saw on the news there were several shuttle accidents at Darke this year and they stopped running them and were using golf carts, but never heard any followup as to what caused the issues. Went to the Franklin County fair when we lived there decades ago. It was also very small but at the time, at least, it was a good fair and well run. We enjoyed it. They had a fun crash derby too, included with admission then. They ran out of seating space one year and were putting people who were willing on top of semi trailers. That was a terrific view and a good time. Ha, first time I'd though of that for about forty years.

SSR1966

SSR1966

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

I actually made the trip to Darke County Fair because you had mentioned that you saw a Zipper ride there. What a trip that ride was.

Edited by SSR1966, 13 September 2017 - 03:39 AM.

I Am A Rider

I Am A Rider

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,864 posts

Well, that's nice to hear, Mr. Roberts. Bunch of the younger ones rode it; I did not. There was a very long line. Quite popular. They do have a lot of everything to offer, for sure. The food alone was worth the visit. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users