• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

SSR1966

SSR1966

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

My newest video, shot in Georgetown, Ohio.

I Am A Rider

I Am A Rider

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts

Wonderful, Mr. Roberts. Thanks so much. Took my son to the Rankin House in Ripley years ago and came back through Georgetown. Grant's house was closed by the time we got there and just saw the outside but so much history in the town. Wonderful place.  So nice to see what is inside the house with this video. Long time history buff; guess that's why I like American Pickers so much. By the way, saw somewhere they are coming to Cincinnati soon; didn't get the date.

Lot of Presidents are Ohio-born. Many famous inventors as well. 

SSR1966

SSR1966

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Taft was born in Cincinnati and William Henry Harrison is buried here. Harrison's death makes for one strange story. It involves dying a month after taking office and body snatching.

I Am A Rider

I Am A Rider

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts

Have a very good book on history of all the presidents somewhere, Mr. Roberts. Need to reread it.  Do recall that Harrison died rapidly but will have to look up the body snatching part; don't remember that. Been on Taft Road many times. And the last Governor Bob Taft teaches at the University of Dayton and his wife, Hope Taft, works on a Little Miami River preservation/cleanup project in that area, working with other volunteers to bag litter along it.  Apparently she does a lot of volunteer work in many fields. Read something on the news about it some time ago.  Canoed that part of the river long ago and it was quite dirty at the time but has been cleaned up drastically over the years. For a small river it has a lot of dangerous stretches. We were just too young and dumb to realize the risks.

History, in every area, is fascinating.

Edited by I Am A Rider, 12 May 2017 - 07:04 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users