http://mystictimbers...ses/ride-videos

Ride Renderings
http://mystictimbers...ride-renderings

Construction Photos
http://mystictimbers...truction-photos

Mystic Timbers Blog
http://mystictimbers...ic-timbers-blog

THE STORY OF MYSTIC TIMBERS
Rivertowns beginning was the formation of the K.I. & Miami Valley Railroad and the Miami River Lumber Company. The lumber company began buying large sections of wooded land with the goal of using the railroad to make it easier to ship the timber out. But something mysterious, something that could not be explained, began to happen. The area surrounding the lumber company became overrun by a medusa-like growth of vines as nature moved in and reclaimed its land.

TRACK LAYOUT AND STATS

• Length: 3,265 feet
  • Max Height: 109 feet
  • Top Speed: 53 mph
  • Airtime Hills: 16
Mystic Timbers is one of the most highly-anticipated new rides for 2017, and with good reason. The wooden roller coaster will be 3,265 feet in length, reach 109 feet in height and weave along steep cliffs, down ravines, cross over water and go through an extreme S-turn, among a forest of trees, at speeds of up to 53 mph.

The ride will feature a total of 16 airtime hills, a mid-course tunnel and interact with parts of the Kings Island & Miami Valley Railroad and White Water Canyon attractions.

DESIGNER INFORMATION
Great Coasters International, Inc. (GCI) offers the smoothest, most twisted and highest quality wooden roller coaster attractions in the world.

Great Coasters International, Inc. specializes in "twister" type rides. These convoluted designs, coupled with their own Millennium Flying articulating coaster trains, create an experience that emulate the acrobatic thrills of a modern roller coaster while retaining the nostalgic look and feel of a timeless, classic attraction.

Mystic Timbers will be the 23rd roller coaster designed and installed by Great Coasters International, Inc., and the fourth ride with Cedar Fair Entertainment Company. Previous Cedar Fair rides include Gold Striker (2013) at California's Great America; Prowler (2009) at World's of Fun and Renegade (2007) at Valleyfair.

PRESS RELEASE

New roller coaster coming to Kings Island
Mystic Timbers to debut in the spring of 2017

MASON, Ohio Construction is underway on a new wooden roller coaster adventure for visitors to Kings Island.

Themed to an area surrounding a lumber company becoming overrun by a mysterious medusa-like overgrowth of vines as nature reclaims its land, Mystic Timbers will be 3,265 feet in length, reach 109 feet in height and weave along steep cliffs, down ravines, cross over water and go through an extreme S-turn, among a forest of trees, at speeds up to 53 mph.

The ride will feature a total of 16 airtime hills, a mid-course tunnel and interact with parts of the Kings Island & Miami Valley Railroad and White Water Canyon attractions.

Mystic Timbers is naturally exciting because of its setting in a densely wooded area, Kings Islands vice-president and general manager Greg Scheid said. The natural rugged terrain and tunnel ensures a unique and memorable ride experience.

Mystic Timbers is custom designed and built for the topography of Kings Island by Great Coasters International, Inc. (GCI) of Sunbury, Pennsylvania. Three trains will accommodate 24 passengers each (four riders per car and six cars per train) with a capacity of 1,275 riders per hour. Guests must be at least 48 inches tall to ride. The ride experience will last more than two minutes.

Everyone who enjoys the fun and thrills of riding a roller coaster will want to experience this attraction, Scheid said.

Mystic Timbers will debut in the spring of 2017 and become Kings Islands 16th roller coaster and its fourth wooden.

With the addition of Mystic Timbers, Kings Islands wooden roller coasters will combine to measure 18,804 feet of track, which will be the most at any amusement or theme park in the world.

Those who cannot wait until spring may take a virtual ride on Mystic Timbers at mystictimbers.visitkingsisland.com. Visitors of the website may also access exclusive updates and features, including virtual ride renderings, ride statistics, construction photos and a live Web cam.

Attached Thumbnails

• ki_mt-layout_micrositerendering.jpg
  • ki_mt-tunnel_micrositerendering.jpg
  • ki_mt-firstdrop_micrositerendering.jpg
  • ki_mt-riverpass_micrositerendering.jpg
  • ki_mt-shed_micrositerendering.jpg

"Like" KIExtreme on Facebook or Follow KIExtreme on Twitter for all the latest news, links and updates!
Posted Image

I Am A Rider

I Am A Rider

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Kind of figured this is what it would be. But it does remind me an awful lot of the Beast......tunnel, etc. Maybe it's just me.

SSR1966

SSR1966

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,666 posts

The night of the big announcement.

These are the best I could do with a point and shoot camera.

28tuovl.jpg

The line to get into the announcement was longer than that of Diamondback.

152nodj.jpg

Edited by SSR1966, 31 July 2016 - 10:19 PM.

SSR1966

SSR1966

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,666 posts

A lot of video bloggers here tonight, but mostly roller coaster and Kings Island fans.

js0b51.jpg

The announcement was set up to happen behind the old Tomb Raider/ Vault/ Madame Fatale's Cavern of Terror building. It was projected on the building's back wall.

2cmtb15.jpg

SSR1966

SSR1966

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,666 posts

The train was parked to the left to keep fans from wandering off and getting lost in Tombstone TERRORtory.

2iw7z2o.jpg

I'm not sure if this is vice president and general manager of the park, Greg Scheid or Public Relations Area Manager Don Helbig. They look kind of the same from back here.

20rmz3o.jpg

SSR1966

SSR1966

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,666 posts

Adam House, design engineer from GCI, is from Northern Kentucky and spent many days of his youth at Kings Island.

1z542af.jpg

To wrap things up, they showed the virtual on ride video twice and said there would be an announcement for a second major attraction sometime in August. I wonder what that will be?

68dm39.jpg

Edited by SSR1966, 31 July 2016 - 10:39 PM.

I Am A Rider

I Am A Rider

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

I think these turned out very well with a point and shoot, Mr. Roberts, specially the later night ones. Interesting to use the building as a screen. No idea what the other announcement will be - maybe a nice flat ride hehe. And maybe the designer did get his inspiration from the Beast as he spent time there; certainly appears so. Nothing wrong with that.  

Heard today that the Mean Streak at Cedar Point is closing in September to make room for some new frontier development. 

Edited by I Am A Rider, 01 August 2016 - 09:52 PM.

SSR1966

SSR1966

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,666 posts

Construction is so far along that these pictures are very out dated now, but alas, they are the newest that I have.

1675a43.jpg

m90tj5.jpg

I Am A Rider

I Am A Rider

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

They may be outdated but are very clear and sharp, Mr. Roberts.  I like the look  up into the trees. Nice to see. Been following  and they have made a lot of progress; have had a lot of good weather for sure. We're supposed to hit 80 degrees today..........in November. Bugs are still thriving but it's good for construction; saw road crews yesterday working in tee shirts. Very odd this time of year.   We still have mosquitoes and stink bugs.

SSR1966

SSR1966

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,666 posts

I tried to get more current pictures but always had a difficult time getting back there before night fall. That's one of the drawbacks of going with a large group... everyone wants to do something different.

I Am A Rider

I Am A Rider

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Only so much time in a day/night..more important for everyone to have fun than to get pics. We just try to do something for everyone and it is hard to manage with more people.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users