Photo

Major attraction leaving after this year.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

SSR1966

SSR1966

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

The latest rumor is that a major attraction will be leaving Kings Island this year.

Normally, my first guest would be Amazon Falls, because no one hardly rides that... but calling it a "major" attraction is being rather generous.

So my second guess would be Vortex, because more people hate getting beat up on that ride than there are people who enjoy it.

My third guess is Adventure Express, because most of the rides' dark elements haven't worked in a very long time and there is barely any upkeep on the elements that do still work (statues beating drums). Also, the company that made those coasters (Adventure and Vortex) has probably gone down hill, if it still exists at all, since the owner passed away, so replacement parts are going to become more difficult to come by (unless it's something that another company can duplicate, like a lift hill chain). But this is all just theory. I have no claim as to what is really going on with Arrow Dynamics or Kings Island.

The second rumor is that Ceder Fair is adding coasters to five of its parks in 2018. So my other theory is that they could take out Vertigo and move it to a smaller park, like Michigan Adventure or something, and replace its spot at Kings Island with a flat ride or with nothing at all. A used coaster is still a new coaster for a park that doesn't already have one like it. I can't imaging Kings Island getting another coaster after just debuting Mystic Timbers this year, but I guess stranger things have happened.

I Am A Rider

I Am A Rider

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

I have heard the rumor as well, and agree with all your speculations, Mr. Roberts. Never liked the Falls; only time I have seen people there in years is on very hot days when they want to get cooled off. We walked by and watched a few times. Don't think it could be called a major attraction either. The setting is nice, though.  Also gave up on A.E. and Vortex long ago as well. Did see they are building a new coaster at Cedar Point and agree it's doubtful they would bring another one to the park right after Timbers, but again, you never know.  I can see something being moved, though don't see the reasoning behind the expense and complexity of doing that, now or in the past when it's been done. Guess that's why someone else makes the big bucks to decide these things. 

SSR1966

SSR1966

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Firehawk attendance seems to be down as well, from my observation. I think because the wait is so long to ride, even on days when the park is not busy and the line is short. I wouldn't think they would move that one, however, because it is the only thing like it at Kings Island. Even it has a history of being moved, relocated to Kings Island from Geauga Lake in 2007. Unlike Vertigo, which seems kind of pointless since Banshee opened, despite the fact that visitors can ride backwards for half the ride. Removing Adventure Express or Vortex leaves a lot of open space for another coaster down the road, however.

I Am A Rider

I Am A Rider

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Again, I agree, Mr. Roberts. Wouldn't think it wise to move something like that a second time. Wonder what Geauga Lake looks like now.

Bet the water park will be packed this weekend with the oncoming heat wave. We shall hibernate in the a/c. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users