5 replies to this topic

Genesis

Genesis

KIE Cruiser Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
Rode banshee twice and left.

Rode in the 4th row last Saturday night. Today rode front and back. I enjoyed my ride last saturday night better. Night rides only for me IMO.

Excited to go back to the park with my wife and baby, she enjoyed her first ride on wood stock express. My next adult coaster will probably be at cedar point in a coupe weeks or I may hit up Hershey next.
Cool story bro.. now shut up and ride!!!!

I Am A Rider

I Am A Rider

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts
Glad you liked the ride, Mr. Genesis. Have heard a lot people like the ride better at night.

Forgot about Woodstock Express. Don't even remember what it was called when we used to ride with kids many many years ago.....

Genesis

Genesis

KIE Cruiser Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
I think it was Scooby, beastie, something, then what it is now. It should always be beastie.

I have heard that what leads to the jackhammering on diamondback is because of wheels that are used to last longer between changes which causes the jackhammering.

Todays banshee rides had the same jackhammering effect on the pullouts. The ride seemed a few mph slower as well(could be day vs night). I also did not feel forces in my legs like I did last weekend. The jackhammering is not as bad on an invert vs a sitdown(my teeth still rattled) I hope I just recieved two bad rides today and hope its back to its form from last week when my wife rides. Could have been the cold temps.

It was still a fun ride today, more like patriot and silver bullet than more aggressive like a montu or raptor. The original b&m invert batman is still tops IMO. MY wife thinks its from intamin.
Cool story bro.. now shut up and ride!!!!

CP&LERR Fan

CP&LERR Fan

KIE Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Yup It was Scobby Doo coaster or something, then It became the Beastie Which I always preferred and then it was called the Fairly Odd Coaster, then it was finally called Woodstock express when Cedar Fair Took Over.
I first visited KI in 2003, I loved it. After 2005 I was hooked on going to Cedar Point. Now 2013 I have rediscovered Kings island and made my first trip back since 2005. Long Live Kings Island .

I Am A Rider

I Am A Rider

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts
Thanks for the info, Mr. CP&LERR Fan. Seems as if there was one more name in there somewhere but can't think of what or when it might have been - and I could be completely wrong! It was a very long time ago........

Big Sexy

Big Sexy

KIE Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
BanshStack crew was hidacious sat night.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users