• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

SSR1966

SSR1966

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Although I remember the roof scene with the dancing reindeer quite vividly, I can't find any record that it actually existed in the 80s'90s version of "Tinker's Toy Factory" (Called "Santa's Toy Factory" back then), but I did find this. it's a 1992 show called "Santa's Christmas Wish" which has the scene as I remembered it (stars overhead in the night sky) except it's two dancers dressed like snow flakes instead of reindeer. They still use that mad cap puppet technique were the performers are invisible wearing all black body suits and the snow flakes are fluorescent lit with a black light. I'm probably getting the two shows crossed in my memory, even though I remember "Santa's Toy Factory" but have no memory of ever watching "Santa's Christmas Wish." You can see the dancing snow flakes around the 11:08 minute mark.

I Am A Rider

I Am A Rider

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Wow, how did you track this down, Mr. Roberts?  Thanks so much for posting. I still don't remember but think probably we just didn't watch any of the shows. I'll go over this a couple times and see if shakes anything loose in the memory bank.

SSR1966

SSR1966

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

LOOK WHAT I FOUND!

Now, I never went to the 2005 Winterfest, but the fact that this footage exists probably means the idea was also used in earlier International Theater Winterfest production. 

I Am A Rider

I Am A Rider

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

This is great, Mr. Roberts. We only went to this winterfest twice; it was so expensive. Mostly we walked around looking at lights, bought some holiday gifts, and ate. I don't think we watched any shows; don't actually remember. That seems longer ago than it was. There was a place on International street that had the best soups and chili. We hit that up both times. Don't forget food very often. Most shows we've seen I just see and don't keep room in the old brain to retain them. Too much other stuff up there.  Concerts, however, I can recall back to the first one I saw over fifty years ago as a teenager.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users