• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

SSR1966

SSR1966

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts
While park officials are remaining mum on recent construction activity at the park, plans submitted to the city of Mason reveal the new attraction to be an indoor haunted maze, which could debut as early as this fall when Kings Island opens its eighth annual Halloween Haunt.

You can read the rest here ---> http://www.cincinnat...sland/12372243/

In the Cajun folklore of French Louisiana, a rougarou is a werewolf that prowls the swamps and bayous around New Orleans and southern Louisiana. The red-eyed, long-fanged creature is said to stalk unfortunate late-night walkers.

I Am A Rider

I Am A Rider

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts
This should be interesting, Mr. Roberts. Have read somewhere, sometime, about the rougarou - and seen so-called "pictures" of it. Sounds haunting. If it's to be indoors they could have it all season - especially if it had air conditioning!

I Am A Rider

I Am A Rider

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts
This was finally released to the media yesterday; saw it in a few papers and on-line news sites. Sounds quite interesting.

SSR1966

SSR1966

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts
I can't find any news about it. :(

I Am A Rider

I Am A Rider

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts
Mr. Roberts, I scan a lot of papers and on-line sites as well, but I'm fairly sure I saw it on the Dayton Daily News and I think the Columbus Dispatch as well. I did get a hard copy of the DDN but have already recycled it - there was a fairly lengthy article in it a few days ago, Monday, I believe. You could go to their site and probably track it through their search engine - that's what I do when I miss something and someone tells me about it. Can usually locate it with sometimes a little trial and error. Both of these papers are a bit muddly at times when searching. Good luck. Sorry I didn't keep the hard copy; I'm a crazed recycler.

SSR1966

SSR1966

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts
I found it, but it took a while for the page to load. Slaughter House Reloaded!

http://www.daytondai...nt-plans/ngjX4/

I Am A Rider

I Am A Rider

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts
Glad you located it, Mr. Roberts. For some reason it is difficult to find things in most of the major papers it seems. Wonder if they have decided what it will be called as yet. Haven't seen or heard anything else but haven't been looking either.

SSR1966

SSR1966

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts
I'm guessing it will still be called Slaughter House, just in a new and much bigger location, but that is only a guess.

SSR1966

SSR1966

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts
Besides Slaughter House Reloaded next to The Beast, they have another new maze in Coney Maul called Kill Mart. Not sure where it will be since Urgent Scare, Delta Delta Die and Board To Death are all still listed as being in Coney, but it looks to be the Dinosaurs Alive spot for Birthday parties. The only maze I see missing is Holiday Horrors that was in Planet Snoopy.

No new Scare Zones.

Skeleton Crew, which sounds like an off shoot of Cirque Imagine, looks to be going into Showplace Theater, replacing the long running Hot Blooded. Blood Drums and Ghouls Gone Wild are both returning.

https://www.visitkin...cream#&panel1-1

I Am A Rider

I Am A Rider

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts
I agree this sounds like something similar to Cirque Imagine replacing Hot Blooded. That show got old years ago in my opinion. Don't care for the name Kill Mart but not my pick. I've been thinking of halloween-related attractions starting with each letter of the alphabet to amuse my wandering mind......Devil's Domain, Satan's Sauna, Ghastly Gargoyles, etc. Think I will make myself a little list just for fun. Just a silly notion for my own entertainment.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users