• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

PKIVortex

PKIVortex

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
Six Flags bought Sea World from Busch in 2000, and the park became Six Flags Worlds of Adventure for the 2001 season.
PKI Ride Op 1999 - 2001
1999 - Express/Ship
2000 - Action FX Theatre (James Bond)
2001 - Vortex/Action FX Theatre (7th Portal, Smash Factory)

Posted Image
KI 2007: 18 - Vortex : 42 - The Beast : 29- Racer : 23 - Recar: 34 FoF: 18 - Face/Off: 17 - Top Gun: 11- IJ:ST: 8 Adventure Express: 16 - SP3D - 3 Drop Zone: 7 - Reptar: 0 - Avatar: 1 - White Water Canyon: 5 Xtreme Skyflier: 2 - Tomb Raider TR: 3 - Congo Falls: 8 - Dodgem: 0 - Son of Beast: 18 - Delirium: 15 - Eiffel Tower: 2 - KI&MVRR 2 - Monster: 1 - Slingshot: 0 - River Adventure : 3 Fairy Odd Coaster: 1 Firehawk: 18 - Shake Rattle and Roll: 1 - Viking Fury: 4- Supersition: 1 Trips: April 21st, April 29th, May 18th, May 30th, June 6th, June 21st, June 24th, July 6th, July 22nd, July 25th July 29th, August 4th, August 17th, August 26th, Sept 28th, October 13th, October 21st, October 31st. Total # of coaster rides this season at KI : 236 - Total Rides at KI: 293

ahank

ahank

KI Fan At Heart

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts
Oo, ok.
-Aaron
Find me on: Twitter | Blog | YouTube

Thundercracker

Thundercracker

KIE Insane Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,329 posts

Why would that make you miss Paramount? Sure, Cedar Fair made some wrong moves, but I'm for one glad that our park is no longer used as a venue for advertising movies.

Honestly I'm a bit mixed on the subject I miss paramount because of winterfest,Themed rides and all the great times I had when I was there now I'm glad Cedar Fair lets the Hanna-Barbera Characters roam international street but really thats the all I can think of besides paramount would cut or slim down the budget for a attraction not good bedfellows.

raptor66

raptor66

KIE Cruiser Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
Yeah, I prefer Cedar Fair over Paramount, but I'd much rather KI be a Busch park!
KI coaster rides 2007: Vortex:11 The Beast:8 Flight of Fear:7 Face/Off:5 Top Gun:6 Firehawk:3 Italian Job:1 Racer:4 recaR:1 Son of Beast:4 Adventure Express:1 KI visits:7
Top 10 coasters: 1.Maverick 2.Top Thrill Dragster 3.Millennium Force 4.Firehawk 5.Raptor 6.Mantis 7.Flight of Fear 8.Magnum XL 200 9.Vortex 10.The Beast
Posted Image

PKIVortex

PKIVortex

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
Huh? Paramount was the one who cancelled Winterfest to being with. Yes they brought it back in 05, but obviously the #'s didn't impress Cedar Fair to keep it going. Which for one I blame Paramount for over hyping WF in 2005, and charging way too much.
PKI Ride Op 1999 - 2001
1999 - Express/Ship

Posted Image
KI 2007: 18 - Vortex : 42 - The Beast : 29- Racer : 23 - Recar: 34 FoF: 18 - Face/Off: 17 - Top Gun: 11- IJ:ST: 8 Adventure Express: 16 - SP3D - 3 Drop Zone: 7 - Reptar: 0 - Avatar: 1 - White Water Canyon: 5 Xtreme Skyflier: 2 - Tomb Raider TR: 3 - Congo Falls: 8 - Dodgem: 0 - Son of Beast: 18 - Delirium: 15 - Eiffel Tower: 2 - KI&MVRR 2 - Monster: 1 - Slingshot: 0 - River Adventure : 3 Fairy Odd Coaster: 1 Firehawk: 18 - Shake Rattle and Roll: 1 - Viking Fury: 4- Supersition: 1 Trips: April 21st, April 29th, May 18th, May 30th, June 6th, June 21st, June 24th, July 6th, July 22nd, July 25th July 29th, August 4th, August 17th, August 26th, Sept 28th, October 13th, October 21st, October 31st. Total # of coaster rides this season at KI : 236 - Total Rides at KI: 293

TombraiderTy

TombraiderTy

KIE Insane Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts
I am the only one who doesn't really care. The only thing I care about is the Dipper, hope it's moved, but that seems unlikely.

Hey, Geauga Lake will be my 2nd defunct amusement park I've been to! :D
And it's still gonna live on, in a waterpark. Really, and who knows, Coney Island went from a pool back to an amusement park. It could happen :shrugs:
Posted Image
Vote for your favorite Kings Island attractions, events, and more HERE! Part 2 HERE!

PKIDelirium

PKIDelirium

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,141 posts
Here's some more photos posted on Geauga Lake Today:

Thunderhawk from the lake: http://upload3.postimage.org/345372/Photo_0005_4_.jpg
Dominator is coming down now: http://upload3.postimage.org/345393/photo_hosting.html

GLT has an update from September 29 on their home page.

9/29 photos from Rollercoasterfreak: http://rollercoasterfreak.com/Geauga_Lake/...ction/index.htm

Michigan's Adventure announces Thunderhawk for 2008: http://www.kiextreme.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2481
"Like" KIExtreme on Facebook or Follow KIExtreme on Twitter for all the latest news, links and updates!
Posted Image

PKIDelirium

PKIDelirium

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,141 posts
A couple photos of Sunday's fire at the Dominator station posted here:

http://www.freepowerboards.com/geaugalaket...out286-315.html
"Like" KIExtreme on Facebook or Follow KIExtreme on Twitter for all the latest news, links and updates!
Posted Image

ahank

ahank

KI Fan At Heart

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts
Wow, I didnt know the station caught on fire! I think they should leave the station the same just repaint and rename the ride. The name could be BLAZE!
-Aaron

PKIDelirium

PKIDelirium

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,141 posts
Here is a LARGE photo update from Rollercoasterfreak from yesterday, the 13th:

http://rollercoaster...ction/index.htm
Posted Image

Hendrick

Hendrick

†Found the Point of Life†

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts
I didn't see any work happening on The Villain, which makes me thing they might take it down like they did with the Hurricane, finalizing it, in my mind at least, that those trains are here for a different coaster. (I'm still holding out hope we might get The Villain.)

Edited by Hendrick, 14 October 2007 - 02:33 PM.

Posted Image
Did you know 24% of internet users can't find Google?
But I can't go back, back to how it was. ~This is Home - Switchfoot
Truthiness- The quality of preferring concepts or facts one wishes to be true, rather than concepts of facts known to be true.
No, Mr. Ballmer, Vista really doesn't inspire "Wow!" at least not in a positive sense. Nor is it lighter/etc. What Ballmer is actually describing is the Linux experience in ultra-portables, but that's another matter
Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth - Jon Foreman
My Youtube Account

PKIDelirium

PKIDelirium

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,141 posts
There's been some steel track rails removed from Villain, but not visible in those photos. I'm still not sure what's going to happen to it, it's possible to move it but with that massive structure it would be a giant undertaking.
Posted Image

Hendrick

Hendrick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts
If they were going to scrap it, I would think they would take it down like the Hurricane. Taking it down, piece by piece really makes me think it might live to see another day.

With a lot of track work, I would love to see this ride at KI. You had to ride it when it was new... it used to be extremely smooth. If it comes here, I have no doubt that KI could return it, at least close to the condition it was in before it started to age.
Posted Image
Truthiness- The quality of preferring concepts or facts one wishes to be true, rather than concepts of facts known to be true.
No, Mr. Ballmer, Vista really doesn't inspire "Wow!" at least not in a positive sense. Nor is it lighter/etc. What Ballmer is actually describing is the Linux experience in ultra-portables, but that's another matter
Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth - Jon Foreman
My Youtube Account

Dvo

Dvo

KIE Junior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
I'd like to see KI get a new woodie! Though I always hoped it would be either a Great Coasters or a Gravity Group, i.e. Voyage or Hades. I suppose there's still hope as nothing is final yet. :)
22 Millennium Force Laps
14 TTD Laps (No Rollbacks :( )
1 Maverick Lap

Accomplishments:
17 rides in a row on Face/Off
31 rides in a row on Viking Fury :S
Best Eagles bouncer ever. Period.

PKIVortex

PKIVortex

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
But do we really need another woodie? We have 4 already, and we have the most wooden coaster track of any other park. Adding another woodie would surely make the budget in wood coaster maintenance go way up.
PKI Ride Op 1999 - 2001
1999 - Express/Ship

Posted Image

Hendrick

Hendrick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts
But we don't have that record by much. Holiday World is right behind us.

But how I look at it, it's better then nothing.
Posted Image
My Youtube Account

Son of Beast 1

Son of Beast 1

KIE Cruiser Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

But we don't have that record by much. Holiday World is right behind us.

But how I look at it, it's better then nothing.

I agree, Villain would be a great addition to the parks revolutionary wood coasters. Holiday World seems to love wood coasters, and they have an outstanding lineup of Woodies.

familyguyfun1

familyguyfun1

KIE Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Actually come to think of it, if the cars were just spare parts, why would kings island care? I mean come on, its common sense.
FAMILY GUY FUN 1 IS HERE TO START AND END SOME ROMORS!

"one person's trash is another person's GARBAGE"

ahank

ahank

KI Fan At Heart

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Actually come to think of it, if the cars were just spare parts, why would kings island care? I mean come on, its common sense.

Umm, so they could make the ride better and safer for everyone!

Example: SoB's trains arent new, theyre from and old woodie from an amusement park that holds close to my heart.
-Aaron

familyguyfun1

familyguyfun1

KIE Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Umm, so they could make the ride better and safer for everyone!

Example: SoB's trains arent new, theyre from and old woodie from an amusement park that holds close to my heart.

Yeah but thats the thing, if there WERE pictures of the new trains for the son of beast, I highly-doubt that Kings Island will go crazy and fire some one. Im sorry its just my views on things.
FAMILY GUY FUN 1 IS HERE TO START AND END SOME ROMORS!

"one person's trash is another person's GARBAGE"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users