Photo

Maifest in MainStrasse Village, Covington, Kentucky.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

SSR1966

SSR1966

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

My first to Maifest MainStrasse Village, Kentucky. My phone battery ran out before I got any footage of the goats, but I got the gist of the festival. 

I Am A Rider

I Am A Rider

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts

This looks very enjoyable, Mr. Roberts. Lots of different kinds of entertainment. I never tire of jugglers, don't know why. Used to try to do it but guess my hand-eye coordination wasn't as good as I thought.  And of all the probably hundreds of pretzel places I have seen, have never seen one called The Twist. Seems so obvious but maybe that's why it isn't commonly used. I like it. 

For sure would break both arms and legs if I ever tried to balance on those giant exercise balls or whatever they were. Those were the rage in a few offices some years ago.  Supposedly beneficial for our health. Ha. Quite promptly fell off.

Can't remember when I last drove through Covington but they have a lot of interesting old buildings as I recall. And oddly have never been to a German festival, but living in Columbus for most of the seventies, spent a lot of time in very, very good food places in German Village. Wonderful food. 

Thanks for sharing.

SSR1966

SSR1966

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Schmidt's in German Town, Columbus is quite tasty!

I Am A Rider

I Am A Rider

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts

Have eaten there many times, Mr. Roberts. And at their place at the State Fair. Bahama Mamas and creme puffs.  Used to go to Plank's Bier Garten (not to drink) for their meat and cheese platters, and to the Thurman Cafe on the edge of the Village for the best dogs and burgers.  Cafe was American food; excellent and enormous portions. Long time ago, when I could eat a lot of whatever I wanted and not worry about it!

Edited by I Am A Rider, 06 June 2017 - 01:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users