• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

SSR1966

SSR1966

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

The 3rd weekend of May every year is the Trenton City Wide Yard-Sale. A lot of communities have city wide yard sales but for some reason, Trenton's is a really big deal. The majority of residences set up tables in their yards and drive ways and people come from miles around to shop for good deals. Local businesses even rent out spots in their parking lots for none Trenton dealers to set up and some people cook out and sell food and drinks on their lawn instead of purging their no longer needed stuff. At least two people even sell funnel cakes, made in their own drive way. With all that said, this year wasn't as crazy as it usually is. There were still a lot of stuff and shoppers, but only about a fifth of what it normally is. Not sure if it was the threat of rain that kept everyone away or perhaps their just not being enough new stuff to look through or to make it worth setting up for. Some one told me that their were people purposely spreading false rumors that the event was cancelled this year. I don't know if that is true or perhaps just a rumor about a rumor. But anyways, here is a video I made for the 2017 event that just past. I'm curious to see if things pick back up next year or if the yearly event has just ran it's course.

Edited by SSR1966, 31 May 2017 - 12:19 AM.

I Am A Rider

I Am A Rider

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Little pink hats instead of houses, huh, Mr. Roberts? Looking good.  You're a brave man. Hot dog looks good, too. Maybe the event has just run out of steam. Most of these events do eventually. Isn't there some garage sale that runs hundreds of miles through several states every year on a state route? Can't remember anything about it but seems I've heard of it at some point. Think I saw a video of it on some tv channel once upon a time.  

Like that old car but the price tag? Woohoo. Lot of money. Looks interesting even if not crowded. Could have been the rain. We're about to grow mold - or gills - up here from so much rain. Better than snow but still way too much this spring.

Just watched your Sycamore Park video again. So enjoyable. What's the piece of music it's set to?

Okay, had to look it up. It's Route 127 and runs from Michigan to Alabama. This year August 3-6. Knew I'd heard of it somewhere. That might have some treasures but not something I'd ever want to do.  Got way too much stuff to get rid of as it is.

Edited by I Am A Rider, 31 May 2017 - 12:48 AM.

SSR1966

SSR1966

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

That hotdog made me sooooo sick. It wasn't the hotdog but the effect that it had on my cirrhosis.  It didn't help that I hadn't slept since I woke up at 1 pm the day before. That's why I got that shot from a worms eye view of the traffic in the intersection. I was sitting down, trying to get past the extreme nausea I was feeling. You can see my tiredness in my face when I'm wearing that fancy pink hat. As I was sitting on the ground a woman and her kids walked by asking if I was okay. She probably thought I was on Meth or something.

I Am A Rider

I Am A Rider

KIE Extreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

I am so sorry you were ill, Mr. Roberts. Did think you looked tired and wondered about the hot dog since I seem to recall your saying you were supposed to avoid salt? Processed meats are very salty; why I no longer am allowed to eat the "good but bad for you" stuff. 

The older we get the more we have to give up.

Never know what peeps are thinking of us, do we? Sometimes I'm tempted to just ask them to see what their reaction would be. 

Still think it's cool you were willing to wear the hat. Hope you're feeling better and have gotten some rest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users