KIExtreme Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Genesis

banshee testing (creeps through elements)

Typical b&m fashion. Not at all remotely interested in getting on another forceless cookie cutter. FYI, i saw it from 71 while coming home from work.

Edited by Genesis

I was really surprised to see they already allowed people to ride.. As in already declared safe for humans. I figured it would run a few hundred times with the water dummies before they allowed humans.

• Like 1

@kingsislandpr tweeted

"It's everything an inverted coaster should be, and more." Cedar Fair's C.O.O. Richard Zimmerman after a ride on Banshee."

• Like 1

Banshcrap has a trim after the zero g before the train goes into the huge element. Trim brake + huge element = extra forceless.

Banshcrap has a trim after the zero g before the train goes into the huge element. Trim brake + huge element = extra forceless.

Banshee is anything but forceless and anything but cookie-cutter...

I've ridden it 8 times so far and can honestly say that the pacing is excellent and that both of the positive and negative g's on Banshee are great...

The second vertical loop and helix finale are particularly forceful for the fact that you can actually feel the blood rush to your toes.

The zero g-roll (my favorite part) gives a nice floating sensation.

Genesis (aka YoungStud) you should give it a try. It may look like it's forceless because of how "drawn-out" it looks, but the high speeds compensate for that!

Edited by BeastForever
  • Like 2

Not a fanboy. Trust me, I still love Intamin and they will always be my favorite company, BUT...

There comes a point where you just have to accept what the Cedar Fair wants to build at Kings Island and enjoy it for what it is, and Banshee IS a very good ride...

Now would I take a solid Intamin over it instead? Of course, but that doesn't mean I can't love a good B&M when it comes our way.

Don himself has said that "no Intamins are in the plans" for Kings Island anytime soon, so I think it's safe to say that Kings Island may never have an Intamin roller coaster, or at least as long as CF runs the park...

And besides, Intamin is not the end-all-be-all of ultimate thrills. There's Gerstlauer, Mack, Chance, Premier, RMC, who are all capable of producing innovative and forceful coasters that we thrill-seekers can enjoy...

Don says that cause its a popular thing to say in front of a room filled with suck up fan boys. If ki got another vekoma, fan boys would rave about how wonderful vekomas were.

Ki getting two b&ms is just 20 years behind other parks. With that logic ki won't get a real thrill machine for another 20 years.

B&m has built a few thrilling coasters but that was 20 years ago as well.

I am not an intamin fanboy, I just like insane thrilling coasters. It just happens that ttd, Ka, el Toro, supes', bizzaro, i305, stormrunner, skyrush, maverick, mf to just name a few has came from intamin and no other coasters can compare.

• Like 1

I rode it last Friday, after waiting 3 hours and 20 minutes, and I thought it was a really good ride. There comes a point when you don't know if your upside down or right side up, complete disorientation. I like how your head doesn't bat around between the over the shoulder harness like it does on Invertigo. The theaming is rather light. If you took out the tombstones surrounding the queues it would be rather generic, looking more like the Diamondback station than something spooky, only painted purple instead of orange. Despite the coaster being smooth and fun, all the inversion did have me feeling a bit nauseous before the ride was over. I can ride spinning rides but the ones that flip me upside down are the ones that make me sick, and it gets worse as I get older. I'll never wait three hours to ride again, but I will ride this a bunch of more times this year, on slower days, but no more than once per visit unless I'm purposely trying to make myself sick. Next year the novelty of it being new will wear off and riding it will probably become more like Firehawk, in the sense that I only ride it 2 or 3 times a year. I enjoyed it, thought it was a great ride, but my body just isn't as tolerant as it used to be.

• Like 1

Don says that cause its a popular thing to say in front of a room filled with suck up fan boys. If ki got another vekoma, fan boys would rave about how wonderful vekomas were.

Ki getting two b&ms is just 20 years behind other parks. With that logic ki won't get a real thrill machine for another 20 years.

B&m has built a few thrilling coasters but that was 20 years ago as well.

I am not an intamin fanboy, I just like insane thrilling coasters. It just happens that ttd, Ka, el Toro, supes', bizzaro, i305, stormrunner, skyrush, maverick, mf to just name a few has came from intamin and no other coasters can compare.

Even if Don doesn't know what's exactly in the plans for the next 5-10 years at Kings Island, I still highly doubt that Cedar Fair is going to go with Intamin for as long as they own KI. The failures and excessive downtime have been over-piling for Intamin last year. El Toro, I305, STR, and now even Girafica at HW. The evidence to not go with Intamin and the evidence to go with B&M and other companies is overwhelming, and that's not even counting the regular day-to-day downtime and high maintenance costs that rides such as TTD, Maverick, and others that they still have to always deal with at their own parks...

I still love Intamin as much as you do and hope that one of their coasters comes to KI some day but you've just got to face it, CF is NOT going Intamin for a LONG time, so the best thing we can do is just hope that parks like Hershey, Six Flags, are still willing to go with them...

EDIT: Now I'm not saying that Banshee is the GREATEST thrill machine in the world, but it's definitely something to write home about. From start to finish, it's non-stop excitement. I give it a 9/10. Don't pass it up just because it may look forceless. Like I've said before, the high speeds make up for how "drawn out" it is.

Edited by BeastForever
  • Like 2