Sign in to follow this  
TombraiderTy

ALL TICKETS NOW CLAIMED - Be One of the Last to Ride SDATHC

All 20 tickets have been claimed

From Kings Island's Twitter...

The 20 available slots for last rides on Scooby-Doo & The Haunted Castle on Sunday, November 1 have all been claimed!
Want to be one of the last to ride Scooby-Doo & The Haunted Castle on 11/1? Be one of the first 20 callers at 513-754-5700!!!
Slots still open to be one of the last to ride Scooby-Doo & The Haunted Castle on 11/1. Call 513-754-5700 NOW to claim a last ride ticket!

http://twitter.com/kingsislandpr

^I'm a tad surprised that the park isn't holding some auction for the last rides, like other parks have done in the past. Instead, it appears to be entirely free for the first twenty people to call. I'm not complaining by any means- kudos to the park for not charging,- I just wasn't expecting them to handle any last-ride business like this.

Interestingly, Cedar Point is doing something a bit more fun - 12 employees will be scattered about the park, just walking around this Sunday (the day I'll be there!), each with two golden tickets on a lanyard around their neck. If you approach one and say "Please stop - I want that ticket for Demon Drop" (word for word, exactly), you'll get the two tickets, leading up to the last 24 rides on the six elevators. :) Sounds like a blast. A creative and fun idea!

Edited by GoodYellowKoRn182

I got a ticket :o

A big congratulations...I am happy for you...and everyone on this site...because if they allow photos I know that you will do a great job! :)

(No offense to you Fire-Beast-OF FEAR...I look forward to your report also!)

Interestingly, Cedar Point is doing something a bit more fun - 12 employees will be scattered about the park, just walking around this Sunday (the day I'll be there!), each with two golden tickets on a lanyard around their neck. If you approach one and say "Please stop - I want that ticket for Demon Drop" (word for word, exactly), you'll get the two tickets, leading up to the last 24 rides on the six elevators. :) Sounds like a blast. A creative and fun idea!

CP has done something like that at least once before. unless I'm mistaken, I think they did it for the last rides of the season on Maverick last year. Regardless, its nice that it doesn't cost anything extra to get the ticket, and the ticket-carrying employees - as well as the guests searching the park for said employees - get to have a little bit of fun on the last day before the off-season.

Grrr Cedar Fair ,I Hate you ... Sooo Much! flamingmad.gif

I would have loved to have done that and was hoping to ride it but since CF has to be all greedy about it and have ''tickets'' for the last rides I guess I won't be able to ride SDATHC on sunday.

I must say, very true. I kid you not when I say that if I had thought of it, I'd have called in and given your name, HCG. Honestly, no one would appreciate being one of the last riders like you would've. I mean that. Haha.

Thank You! Honestly,I would have never have known about the tickets I've been in college all day long and well couldn't log on and check out this site for the details.I'm gonna miss The Haunted Castle,.. I had lots of fun of course I've always enjoyed Scooby-Doo! I love that zany hound!

And you can call me Xavier or Haunted Castle Guy ... what ever you prefer.

still I think it's greedy on CF behalf to have tickets for the last ride(s).

Free tickets... available to anyone... greedy? :huh:

Sorry, but the only legitimate argument against their method of last-rides I can see is that someone wasn't online when they announced the last-ride tickets, which I honestly don't think is really that legit... Sorry, but I see it as a "You missed it, oh well" scenario :P

still I think it's greedy on CF behalf to have tickets for the last ride(s).

Free tickets... available to anyone... greedy? :huh:

Sorry, but the only legitimate argument against their method of last-rides I can see is that someone wasn't online when they announced the last-ride tickets, which I honestly don't think is really that legit... Sorry, but I see it as a "You missed it, oh well" scenario :P

I don't accept that! I don't I mean they went public with this ''news'' when most of us were at work or at school and yeah it's greedy why not let the people ride the haunted castle on the last day as they come.Some of us have children that love scooby doo ty.I feel sorry for that parent or grandparent heck ever aunt or uncle who wants to take their kids for one last ride in the haunted castle and they won't be able to.

Sad.

Yeah,Ebay I bet some will be on there tonight.

I'm sure that since the tickets were free they have some sort of a non-transferable restriction on them to ensure that people don't profit off them.

And I really don't see how its greedy for them to give out last-ride tickets for free. Yeah, they may have not made the announcement at a time that's best for everyone, but the ride will still be open on the 1st. You'll still be able to ride it before its gone forever, you just won't be an official "last rider." But I don't really see the difference, as long as you still get the chance to ride it before it closes...

^

1. Once again, I just view this as a "You missed it, oh well" type thing. Sorry to offend, but that's the type of thing it was- not much different than a celebrity visiting the park unannounced; you just ended up lucky if you were there that day to meet them.

2. People will still be able to ride on the last day, and they'll still be able to have their "last rides". Besides, not everyone who wants to have the last ride would be able to anyway.

3. Unless I'm mistaken, they haven't given the callers any physical tickets. Instead, they asked for their name and some information, and they'll identify themselves on Sunday when they arrive.

I may add that this is also a benefit of sorts from Kings Island to its Twitter followers.

Once again, no intent to be rude, but I found their system of last-rides to be perfectly fair.

they did take down your name, asked how you were getting in the park, and got your phone number. when we get there, we pick up a voucher to use at guest services.

Just an FYI, KDFansite is doing this at Kings Dominion as well:

Mark the date on your calendar! The last day of the season KD Fan Site will host a meet up. This is going to be free for everyone. Its just our chance to get together one last time before the off season starts.

This is a meet up event. You still need to have park admission or a season pass to "meet up" with the rest of the group.

4:00PM Meet up for dinner at Victoria pizza

6:00PM Lights on rides of Scooby Doo's Haunted Mansion

Our gathering will have the last ride on Scooby Doos Haunted Mansion! This will be the last ride of the season on the ride, and after this season Scooby will no longer be in the Mansion.

We will be allowed to take cameras on the ride as long as you have it secured with a strap. The lights will be turned on for this event.

Plus, I don't think they miraculously recieved some collectible, transferrable Scooby Doo ticket over the phone. More than likely (though someone who actually got one can let us in on it), they simply took down their name, perhaps gave them a confirmation number, and that's that.