Sign in to follow this  
DropZone99

Chang officially being removed

This sucks. This Probably means the park is just going to be a water park since the star attraction is leaving. If it goes to SFGAm and they don't remove Iron Wolf I'll be happy. If it does go there and they keep IW they should make it have Floor less trains. This is overall depressing news though.

Never been, never really planned on going, but it still sucks to see nearby parks losing signature rides. I doubt we'd see this ride get floorless or seated trains... Has that ever been done before? I know the forces would change based on the trains and seating position and might make a significant difference...

Not that I'd complain: I find that the typical B&M standup layout (the mismatched knot of interlocking, oddly-overbanked track) is just plain uncomfortable. It truly feels like a kid was making the ride in RCT2 and couldn't figure out how to get it back to the station, so they keep turning and diving to try to get it to the point where it can reconnect properly. It's ridiculous. Hahha.

But yeah, can anyone say Geauga Lake?

When Chang came to SFKK I thought wow we might actually be able to hold our own against other parks in the area, but after a few years that became only a dream. The removal of Chang is definitely going to hurt attendance, and season pass holders. Once again I find myself in agreement with GoodYellowKoRn182 in that it's starting to look a lot like Geagua Lake! Now all they have to do is just close down the park without any warning. Don't be surprised if you see us on the chopping block a few years from now. Oh well at least I've got Kings Island, Holiday World, and Beech Bend Park a few hours away in either direction so I have options. :blink:

Edited by Gump80

It's great that you have so many parks within range. I'm from Northeast Ohio, so I'm actually close to Cedar Point, Kennywood and Kings Island as far as my closest three. However, it still sucks living maybe fifteen minutes away from Geauga Lake and remembering how it used to be a two-day park, where you literally had to stay in the area to appreciate all that it had to offer. Im sure Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom is about the same: If it's to close, you'll still have plenty of options, but knowing that something is missing will still suck.

I really hope they can some how give it new trains that aren't standup, but because the riders heartline will be in a different, spot the only the only way to make it work is if the seats were really high up. So it is possible but it'd be really weird.

Well, on a standup, it's a little different I believe since riders of varying heights ride in different positions elevation-wise on the train. A conversion to Floorless trains could probably be done fairly easily, as those trains sit fairly high up anyway.

If it goes to SFGAm it would more than likely become the next Bizarro though I do like the name Chang. I would like to see sit down trains, not necesarrily floorless trains, put on the coaster.

PKIDelirium, that makes total sense and I believe a conversion to sit down trains would be easier than some think.

GoodYellowKorn, don't forget Waldameer and the awesome Ravine Flyer II. It's only an hour and half from here.

Edited by Geauga Dog

^There's been a rumor going around for several months that SFA is to receive a large steel coaster for 2011. Maybe Chang is that coaster? There's a rumor that Batwing is going to be sent off in the 2011 coaster scramble, so maybe SFA would receive Chang in exchange.

If Batwing is removed, I could see it going to SFSTL or Darien. I think Chang would be much better at SFA than at SFGAm. SFA hasn't gotten anything huge in a while and It would attract people to the park I'm sure. Especially if it went in Batwing's spot and was named Bizarro. Than Superman and Bizarro would be right next to each other and make more sense.

Six Flags had a ride rotation program back in the 80's. What's so bad about it now? It's a cheap way for a park to get a "new" ride.

If I'm not mistaken, under the prior leadership of Six Flags, I believe a stand-up was planned as a future addition to SFA but was changed to Batwing or something like that. With the stellar lineup of attractions at Busch Gardens, the recent influx of capital at Kings Dominion, including I-305, SFA is going to need something to sort of combat with those two parks to survive.

Well it's all well and good to a certain extent. I mean, if Cedar Fair did it, we might get Possessed! Oh, but wait a second, how happy will everyone be when Kings Island gets Possessed, but loses Firehawk? You never hear about how happy a park is for getting a "new" B&M standup, you just hear how pissed the other park is about losing it and getting a HUSS Breakdance in its place. It just feels cheap... Carnvial rides are meant to be disassembled and moved... Once a ride is up at an amusement park, it ought to stay there.

^ Same here, not saying I don't like Firehawk but I'd much rather have an Intamin Invert than a Vekoma Flier. It'd look pretty good in Coney Mall kind of by Backlot and Skyline.

I'm just happy I had the opportunity to enjoy this ride in 08. But I don't quite see why you guys want the stand up trains to go away. I loved the sensation of standing up, and it was really smooth. The only rough spot for me was the inclined loop, as it was mainly just really forceful.

I like standups, but if it really is going to SFGAm than that isn't going to attract people when they already have a standup. If it was a floorless they could say "The only floorless roller coaster in the midwest!" and attract people.

^What about Raging Bull, that's in the same park! :lol:

As for the idea of placing Chang on Batwing's spot at SFA, I don't think they would do that because they don't have normal water lines or anything at all out past Superman, hence them not adding any sort of buildings other then Batwing's station out in that part of the park. SFA is supposedly trying to get rid of that part of the park. I don't know where else they'd fit it in, unless they squeezed it in where Two Face was somehow.

Edited by Lake Charles Guy

As for the idea of placing Chang on Batwing's spot at SFA, I don't think they would do that because they don't have normal water lines or anything at all out past Superman, hence them not adding any sort of buildings other then Batwing's station out in that part of the park. SFA is supposedly trying to get rid of that part of the park. I don't know where else they'd fit it in, unless they squeezed it in where Two Face was somehow.

Raging Bull isn't floorless, it's just the average hyper. I'm sure you knew that, you just forgot for a second.

Raging Bull isn't floorless, it's just the average hyper. I'm sure you knew that, you just forgot for a second.

You're right. I always think of Raging Bull as floorless for some reason.