Sign in to follow this  
rageofturtles

How Do You Feel About The Name Changes?

Same i will allways call them by there old names and i think that some of the new names are lame "invertigo" and the r is backwards. but they had to because of the copyright on the names "tomb raider,top gun, face/off," but why did they change drop zone???

The fact that they had to change the names was not much of an issue, but more what some of them were changed to wasn't the best. Don Helbig at Winter SOAR mentioned that trademarks and legal issues placed constraints on their renaming, but I think they could've done better than Drop Tower. =Drop Zone will be better known as a ride than a movie, almost the same way with some of the other Paramount movie-attractionons. My suggestion would've been "Free Fallin'," but it's possible Tom Petty could demand royalties in some way.

I'm standing on the "flight deck" to ride the "Flight Deck"????

i mentioned this in another thread... You are basically naming the train!

When you are standing in line to ride (topgun), you are standing ON the flight DECK. The coaster should have a different name.

Taken from Dictionary.com:

flight deck

n.

1. The upper deck of an aircraft carrier, used as a runway.

2. An elevated compartment in certain aircraft, used by the pilot, copilot, and flight engineer.

And definition 2 is probably why they named it FLight Deck.