PKIDelirium

Official Rivertown Construction Thread

^ I am sticking to the Hyper coaster theory.

Height is RUMORED to be over 250 and have Behemoth style seats. We will just have to wait and see....

I imagine vertical construction will start before the end of this season with the way things are looking now.

You guys have no idea how excited i am about the water brake!

If you had floorless trains you would have the "Over-Head Shoulder Restraints"

They could do something like CP did with sky hawk, have the lap bars go under you.

I just hope that size restrictions are not too bad. I am a large guy. I am not grossly overweight, but I am over 6'5" and about 325 lbs. I can barely fit on just about everything, but the height restrictions are killing me. I can't ride Drop Zone/Tower or Delerium. The little belt that they put on the lap bar for FOF also keeps me from riding becasue of how long my legs are.

That must suck, someone should really find a car type that will go with any sized person, short or tall. and will still safely restrain them from falling out. But there should still be weight limits.

Isn't X car the closest to restraining any size?

I have heard some crazy rumors from workers who dont know what it is. But none on dive coasters. I just want a B&M coaster. And KI is known for breaking records, so it could be something crazy.

One worker said he had heard rumors of the longest coaster in the world. YEAH!

But thats why they call them rumors.

^

Well, they may or may not, post their weight limits, but they must have one. Right? Everything has a breaking point.

EDIT:Anybody know if the construction has progressed any more?

Edited by calakapepe

ON B&M coasters... (ones with OSR's) look for the harness that has 2 belts going from the seat to the harness. these seats are located (on Kumba at BGT for example) rows 3 and 6.

I've only ridden one B&M hyper (Goliath SFOG) and i don't remember it having belts on the lap bars.... they fit snuggly but comfortable... and can accomodate larger people.

REPLY TO CALA: Id oubt much got done this week with the rain...

I will be going friday the 16th rain or shine!

My sister is there today for a school field trip, still there actually. She might take some pictures, otherwise she'll just tell me about it, maybe.

I went for a total of about 3 hours...

rode FOF and Beast.. i didn't expect that many people (kids) to be there, and the lines are really long.

they got the concrete "walls" of the splash pool constructed... but only where the wood was last week.

If you went today, I think there was a total of 2-4 schools of 8th graders?

Anyways, thanks for the update, I guess, my sister didn't even go to look at it.

Yeah, park was extremely crowded today. Line for The Beast extended outside waiting queues, just one example. The Crypt was closed- could be for low number of employees, or maybe they're doing something to the garage- er, building. :)

I often wonder if this is going to be a new type of coaster that no one has ever seen before that would throw everyone off guard. I just hope this is a ride that will be enjoyable and I great ride I mean look at Maverick it's a great coaster it doesn't break no height record or speed it's just a great ride that everyone can enjoy. I just hope this new ride is a new roller coaster not one brought in form another park like Millenium Force form Cedar point but I wouldn't mind that but I know that would never happen. All I got to say is whatever it is looks to be big next year and so far it looks like we will begin to know really quickly what it is. :)

I really hope they plant some new trees everywhere. Because it looks REALLY crappy right now, even if they plant grass, it would still look bad, just not as bad as it looks now! Rivertown looked WAY better when it had tons of trees aroud the lake and along the train!

I agree. I also hope they add some nice water features as well, not just the splashdown. Like I hope they turn that creek back on that starts near the train and traveled into Swan Lake.

It'll probably be like Nitro, when it comes to the amount of trees. So those trees, if that's where the lift is, would not be expecting to be planted again, IMHO.